- Recruiter: contact person for the applicant
- Personal statement (also known as a cover letter): a short explanation of why you wish to work at voestalpine
- CV = Curriculum Vitae (resume)
- CV parsing = automated retrieval of data such as name and education from a CV uploaded to the voestalpine online job portal
- Unsolicited application (or speculative application): where there is no advertised vacancy for which an applicant can apply
- Specialist department: department seeking personnel
- Job alert: job newsletter: the online job portal allows you to specify your ideal job criteria; you will then be sent an email when a suitable vacancy arises
Our application process
1. Online applications preferred
All open vacancies are posted in the online job portal of voestalpine. We are happy to report that we receive about 87,000 applications every year. We prefer to receive online applications submitted via our online job portal to comply with the data protection regulations and ensure applications are processed quickly. Use the CV parsing option to make the application process even simpler: the system automatically extracts specific data from your curriculum vitae to fill out the online formula.
Naturally, we also accept applications submitted by email and post, but advise that this can lead to longer response times.
2. Confirmation of receipt of application
After submitting your application you will receive an automated email which confirms receipt of your application and notifies you of the relevant contact person. Should further documents or information be required, your contact person will be in touch by email or telephone.
Our job vacancies are usually posted online for a period of around 4 weeks. We wish to ensure that all candidates have an equal chance, and therefore we only begin the preselection procedure once the application deadline has passed.
4. Job interview
We will invite suitable candidates for an interview to be held either via telephone or in person. Depending upon the position in question, the interview process may consist of several stages. A recruiter will provide you with more detailed information about the person you will be talking to and the process awaiting you.
If you are offered the position, you will be given all the information you need about working at voestalpine in good time, together with the documentation you will require during your first few days at the company. Even if your application was unsuccessful, we reply to every single applicant in person. We understand that a rejection will initially be disappointing, and so we thank you once again for having taken the trouble to apply.