Bertrandt Scalable Battery Box powered by voestalpine
Full power and safety in the electric vehicle
Fully electric cars (BEV) and hybrid vehicles (PHEV) in all their various forms are decisive for our future mobility. Essential components such as battery boxes must meet highly demanding requirements. Crash resistance on every side and fire safety are required. At the same time, they must be as light as possible, economical in every way and uncomplicated to manufacture.
Call in the specialists
Profit from the material and processing expertise of voestalpine as well as the benefits of battery housing based on the advantages of steel. We provide competent steel recommendations, offer comprehensive support in simulations, material data and material cards for customized component design based on the expertise of voestalpine in the areas of corrosion, joining and welding.
Power solution for economical electric vehicle design
The scalable battery housing powered by voestalpine was developed by voestalpine Stahl GmbH in collaboration with the engineering specialists of Bertrandt. The scalable battery platform with a steel box meets the ECE-R100 standard, is designed for high-volume vehicle ranges and is a perfect-fit solution with respect to economy, sustainability and safety. Learn more
Optimized safety with just the right steel
We offer the optimum steel for every component in the battery box from high-strength lightweight steels (voestalpine ultralights) that have set standards in good formability to mild steels for deep drawing.
Steels for battery covers and trays
- Components with high drawing depths, small angles and small radii (CR1 to CR6 in hot-dip galvanized or electrogalvanized design)
- Deep-drawn parts with increased strength requirements: CR260Y450T‑DP, CR330Y590T‑DP, CR440Y780T‑DP
Steels for crash-relevant lightweight components
- Crash-optimized lightweight steels with high yield strength for parts produced by bending/roll-forming: CR780Y980T‑CP, CR900Y1180T‑CP, CR1030Y1300T‑MS
- High-ductility steels for more complex crash components: CR780Y980T‑CH, CR900Y1180T‑CH, CR1000Y1370T‑CH
Steels for press-hardened components
- Press-hardening steels for direct and indirect hot forming and roll forming in strengths ranging from 1500 to 2000 MPa and mild partner materials for tailor-welded blanks: phs‑ultraform®, phs‑directform® and phs‑uncoated
Expertise and solutions for the most common designs
Based on intensive studies, we have extensive system know-how that we are happy to provide for your optimal battery box design.