This is greentec steel
greentec steel is sustainable voestalpine premium quality with a reduced carbon footprint. Up to ten percent of the direct carbon emissions at the Linz site are avoided through process-optimized operation in the production of greentec steel. With a balance model, these saved emissions can be allocated to products. The material and processing properties of the steel are not affected in any way by the carbon-reduced production route.
Customers can choose the innovative high-strength and ultra-high-strength steels from the ultralights portfolio and can designate greentec steel in their order. The CO2 savings and carbon footprint will then be documented on a certificate, thus verifying the reduction of your emissions. The carbon footprint is calculated pursuant to worldsteel CML-2001-2016 (system expansion) on a cradle-to-gate basis. The data and balance model are verified by LRQA pursuant to EN-ISO 14064-2.
|greentec steel product*||Maximum carbon footprint [kg CO2/kg steel]*|
|Hot-rolled steel strip||1.95|
|Cold-rolled steel strip||1.97|
|Hot-dip galvanized steel strip||2.13|
|Electrogalvanized steel strip||2.19|
* The carbon footprint is calculated pursuant to worldsteel CML-2001-2016 (system expansion) on a cradle-to-gate basis.
All products, dimensions and steel grades listed in each voestalpine supply range are available as greentec steel edition.
Greentec steel at a glance
- For all available flat steel products from the voestalpine Steel Division
- Reduced specific carbon footprint
- Reduced Scope 3 emissions at the customer
- Individually adjusted carbon footprint based on a verified balance model
- Unchanged range of grades and dimensions in proven voestalpine premium quality
- No change in material and processing properties because the chemical analysis and mechanical profiles remain unchanged
Sustainability does not end in production.
The use of green electricity in production is also included in green steel calculations. Customers can also purchase additional CO2 savings achieved during the year through optimization of the blast furnace production route. Environmentally friendly packaging, transport routes and means of transport are only some of the comprehensive sustainability measures taken by voestalpine. Visit Stella.