voestalpine Railway Systems as a pioneer was awarded the certificate according to ISO 9001:2000 in April 2001 and holds a valid certification according to the actual standard ISO 9001:2015.
Health, Safety & Environment (HSE)
With the factory in Zeltweg as CO2 neutral steel processing plant, voestalpine Railway Systems is a pioneer when it comes to responsible and sustainable company policy.
voestalpine Railway Systems has taken measures towards continuous improvement of health, safety and environmental standards at all plants of the Group for many years. The large number of successful measures also led to national and international awards, such as for two times the European Good Practice Award and also for two times the European EMAS Award.
Our main goals are:
- Continuous improvement of energy and raw material efficiency
- Optimized plants in relation to HSE
- Environmental-friendly product development and optimization regarding ecology, life-cycle, and conservation of natural resources
- Avoidance, reduction and high-grade recycling of waste generated during production
- Continuous improvement of our integrated management system