isovac® high-perm: The specialist with highest permeability
The optimum adjustment of textures increases magnetizability and reduces core losses. This increase in efficiency makes it possible to maintain the same level of performance while reducing component size and saving material, weight and costs. This means that a higher level of performance can be achieved with the same component size.
- Increased performance achieved by increasing torque based on higher magnetizability
- Cost optimization through less material usage, less weight and less space requirement resulting from downsizing while maintaining the same level of performance.
isovac® NO: The specialist for electromobility
The alloy design of isovac NO grades, its high-precision microstructure and its sheet thickness of ≤ 0.35 mm make it especially suitable for applications in the high-frequency range and for motors with high rotational speeds. isovac NO grades strike an optimized balance between magnetic and mechanical properties, making new structural designs possible in the automotive industry.
- Reduced energy consumption when used in motors with highest rotational speeds
High strengths while maintaining low losses make the material highly suitable for rotors and stators.
Coatings with innovative electrical steel insulation systems upon request: Predestined for use in combination with Backlack
Semi-processed electrical steel
isovac® high efficiency: The specialist for shorter final annealing times
isovac® HE (high - efficiency) is highly decarbonized in as-delivered condition, which means that the final annealing time at the customer can be significantly shortened. Subsequent annealing at the customer completely eliminates any mechanical damage introduced to the material during the punching process.
- Final annealing times significantly shortened by low carbon content
- Overall cost reductions based on low energy input, low emissions and higher productivity
Fully processed electrical steel
isovac® high-strength: The specialist for demanding mechanical requirements
Both magnetic and mechanical properties play an important role in many modern high-speed motors or large electric machinery. The electrical steel in the rotor is especially subject to high mechanical stress, which requires the use of high-strength material. isovac® HS (high strength) grades combine good magnetic properties with high strengths. We can supply the kind of material our customer requires. Our isovac® HS grades can be customized for higher strength, a higher degree of core compactness and highly innovative Backlack.
- Reduced air gap between rotor and stator as a result of higher strength or reduced rotor ridge widths in permanently excited machinery
- Larger freedom of design for electric machinery
- Possibility of partial subsequent annealing treatment at the customer in order to improve magnetic properties, e.g. in the stator
isovac® high-conductivity: The specialist with high thermal conductivity
The high thermal conductivity of isovac® HC (high conductivity) grades ensures rapid heat dissipation in combination with higher polarization while maintaining low specific total losses. Innovative design strategies made possible for electrical machinery
- Potential cost savings in electric machinery based on lower component sizes and lower material usage based on higher polarization.
- Cooling power reduced by up to 20% as a result of higher thermal conductivity
- Alternative motor designs with reduced scrap volumes based on low strengths
isovac® high-frequency: The specialist for high frequencies
The use of isovac isovac® high - frequency grades guarantees optimum utilization of machinery at higher frequencies. High-precision adjustment of the microstructure and adaptation of the alloy content make it possible to keep losses low in the high-frequency range.
- Application in fast-turning machines with low core loss at high rotational speeds.
- Greater freedom of design and motor size optimization based on higher strengths