Our goal is to build and operate the world’s most advanced and environmentally friendly direct reduction facility. This $740 million endeavor is voestalpine’s largest foreign investment to date and will bring 150 permanent high-qualified manpower to San Patricio County as well as some 800 construction jobs.
voestalpine Texas LLC and the Project is managed by a handpicked team of highly-motivated voestalpine executives who are passionate about quality, safety and the environment. For this team, this South Texas Project is far more than 'just’ a job. It’s an opportunity to do what we do even better and in a community that respects hard work, a clean environment and sound progress. We like to live where we work and look forward to getting to know and become a part of this community for years to come.
voestalpine Texas – a strong team united by common values and beliefs
- Passion – We are passionate about excellence and going the extra mile to set new benchmarks.
- Health & Safety - We adhere to the highest standards to ensure the safety and health of our employees and the people of the communities in which we operate.
- Environmental Stewardship - When it comes to protecting our environment, we are not just a step ahead – we are the industry leader. We protect the environment and strengthen our businesses by making environmental issues an integral part of all business activities.
- Community - We are caring neighbors, involved in community activities in meaningful ways and committed to help and improve the communities where we work and live.
- Sustainability - We grow our business profitably with a focus on sustainability. We believe in long-term business models instead of quick money.
- Open and Honest Communication – We say what we mean and we do what we say.
- Integrity - We hold ourselves and conduct our business to the highest possible standards of fairness, honesty, and integrity. We are individually accountable and collectively responsible.