- Holistic responsibility for products
- Optimization of production processes
- Establishment of environmental management systems
- Employee integration and environmentally aware behavior by all
- Open and objective dialogue
As one of the steel industry’s leaders when it comes to quality, we strive to maintain an ecologically clean environment. We therefore are active advocates for ecological and targeted production, the responsible use of precious resources and an intact work environment. We take responsibility for our actions and are working with passion on our green future.
- Environmental management
- Energy and resource efficiency
- Life cycle assessment (LCA)
- Keeping air and water clean
- Waste management and recycling
- Climate protectio
Core topics in detail.
We produce sustainably
Steel is nearly 100% recyclable and today is used virtually everywhere. It makes our lives more comfortable, more environmentally friendly, more mobile and safer. We carefully scrutinize every detail to optimize the use of precious resources during the production of steel. We draw on our power of innovation to provide the basis for modern energy and mobility concepts, and thus a better climate situation.
We provide facts
For years we have been systematically employing measures to improve the environmental standards at the voestalpine Group with great success. At the Linz site, for instance, two-thirds of all waste and recyclables are fed back into the production process. Overall, the internal and external recycling rate is over 80%.