Our own team of engineers is responsible for our state-of-the-art machinery. Thanks to continuous investment and adjustments, our production site is setting the trend in the sector, always one step ahead.
This is the focus not just at voestalpine Sadef; the emphasis at the voestalpine group is also on investment in innovation and improved processes.
In our "House of Innovation", we have literally gathered together everything we have innovated in-house.
Read more about this innovative and inspirational location!
Roll forming (also called rolling or bending) is a process within metalworking in which flat metal sheets are transformed into complex and precise profiles.
It is often used in the production of pipes, beams, corners and other structural components.
During the roll forming process, the metal is gradually passed through a series of rollers, which bend and shape the material to the desired specifications.
Roll forming offers numerous advantages, including high production speed, consistent quality and cost efficiency, making it an essential technique in various industries, such as building, automotive and HVAC.
Why choose roll forming?
- Efficient production: Roll forming is a continuous process, allowing large quantities of metal profiles to be produced quickly and efficiently.
- Design flexibility: Roll forming makes it possible to create complex and precise shapes with different dimensions and thicknesses, making it suitable for various applications.
- Consistent quality: Through the use of automated machinery and strict control procedures, roll forming consistently delivers high-quality and accurate metal profiles.
- Cost efficiency: Roll forming minimises material waste and requires less post-processing, resulting in lower costs for production and lower prices for customers.
- Versatility: Roll forming can be applied to different types of metals, including steel, aluminium and stainless steel, making it suitable for various industrial sectors.
- Durability and strength: Roll forming produces metal profiles with excellent structural properties, making them strong and durable for long-term use.
- Customised solutions: Roll forming offers the ability to customise metal profiles according to specific design requirements and customer needs.
In short, roll forming is an appealing choice because of the efficiency, flexibility, quality, cost-effectiveness, versatility, durability and customisation opportunities it offers.
What is the difference between rolling and bending?
It is important to understand the differences between roll forming, rolling and bending. Roll forming is an efficient method of turning flat metal sheets into complex profiles with high precision. Rolling is a process in which metal sheets or rods are deformed by compression between rollers. Bending is a process in which metal sheets or bars are bent using force to achieve a desired shape.
Bending can be done manually using bending tools or mechanically using bending machines. When choosing the right method, factors such as production speed, cost and the desired profile shape are important.
As specialists in metalworking, we can provide you with customised advice and high-quality metal profiles that will meet your specific needs. Contact us today for more information and tailored solutions.
Custom-designed steel profiles are given extra added value by our extensive post-production options. All the work is done on our own premises by our own experts: surface treatment, bonding techniques, screw threads, profiles with different sheet thicknesses or in stainless steel, free form-bending, bending in line,...
Are you interested in our steel profiles?
Then contact our sales team directly using the button below.