The insulated rail joints of types IVG 30 and IVB 30, developments of voestalpine BWG, are characterized by the insulating gap arranged in the rail head at 30° to the direction of travel. This allows the wheel to roll over without interruption. This permits a reduction of the dynamic wheel contact forces when passing, thus reducing wear and noise.
- Factory-made non-breathing rail joints with glued fish plates and high-strength bolted connections
- Fishplates or reinforced fishplates as connecting elements depending on axle load and dynamics
- Reduced deflection in particular for highspeed and heavy-duty traffic by increased moment of inertia
- Inclined cut from the rail head to the drill hole in the middle of the rail web at an angle of 30° to the longitudinal direction of the rail and then continued at a right angle to the rail, thus ensuring a continuous wheel passage
- IVG 30 for track curves with radii R ≥ 5,000
- IVB 30 with tip machining in the running edge area for track curves with R < 5,000 m