- Revenue grows to EUR 8,877 million (up 11.9 % compared to 2010/11)
- EBITDA increases EUR 1,107 million to EUR 1,118 million (up 1.0 %)
- EBIT rises by 2.8 % from EUR 658.2 million to EUR 676.4 million
- Profit for the period climbs by 2.8% from EUR 400.3 million to EUR 411.4 million
- Net financial debt further reduced
- Business performance confirms Group strategy
- Steel Division with weak third quarter
As the result of growth in all the divisions, revenue rose by 11.9%, from EUR 7,936 million to EUR 8,877 million. A comparison of EBITDA and EBIT shows an increase in profits in EBITDA by 1%, from EUR 1,107 million to EUR 1,118 million, while EBIT climbed by 2.8%, from EUR 658 million to EUR 676 million. This results in an EBITDA margin for the period of 12.6%, and an EBIT margin of 7.6%. Due to the disproportionately large rise in revenues, the margins are thus slightly below the level of the first nine months of the previous business year (EBITDA margin 13.9 %, EBIT margin 8.3 %).
Profit for the period increased by 2.8 %, from EUR 400 million to EUR 411 million. Equity rose by 7 %, from EUR 4,553 million to EUR 4,874 million (31.12.2011). The gearing ratio (net financial debt as a percentage of equity) improved year on year, from 65 % to 61 %, and remained largely unchanged compared to the previous quarter despite the build-up of the winter stock of raw materials.