The hydraulic actuator allows for soft closure, without slamming the switch points into the stock rail. This feature reduces vibration and the associated loosening of switch components.
The base of the unit is a rigid weldment housing modular components. There is a heavy gauge cover that can be opened for service by authorized personnel, and a lockable safety switch can disconnect power from the motor for servicing.
When the switch is trailed, the integrated RACOR® 22 stand will force the switch points against the stock rail of the trailed route, and the stand target will rotate, indicating the new position of the points.
If a problem develops with the power drive, a separate lockable compartment allows access to a hand operated pump that can be used to move the points in either direction.
The RACOR AUTOMATER HP will provide many years of trouble free service under the most severe operating conditions.
- Electrical – 12 VDC battery power
- Options – 110 VAC Solar power source
- Holding Force – Spring Force 4100 lbs, 1600 lbs at ¼ opening
- Hydraulic Force – 12 VDC motor/pump/reservoir(Heavy duty hand pump back-up)
- Throw Force – Maximum 1750 lbs
- Hydraulic Operating Pressure – Max 3000 psi (20.684 MPa)
- Throw Cycle Time – Less than 1.5 seconds
- Throw Length – 4.5 – 5.5
- Operating Temperature - 20ºF -130ºF (-29ºC -54ºC)
- Maximum Speed – 20 mph
- Dimensions – Length-47"; Width 40"; Height 22"
- Weight – 750 lbs