In addition to driving the derail, the actuator rotates a blue target that provides a visible indication of the status of the derail. A flashing strobe light on top of the pole mounted control panel also activates when the derail is placed in the derailing position.
The base of the unit is a rigid weldment housing modular components. There is a heavy gauge cover tha can be opened for service by authorized personnel, and a lockable safety switch can disconnect power from the motor for servicing.
If a problem develops with the power drive, a separate lockable compartment allows access to a hand operated pump that can be used to move the derail to or from the derailing position.
The RACOR® AUTOMATER® Derailer will provide many years of trouble free service under the most severe operating conditions.
- Electrical - 12 VDC battery power
- Options - 110 VAC, Solar power source
- Hydraulic Power - 12VDC motor/pump/reservoir (Heavy-duty hand pump back-up)
- Hydraulic Operating Pressure - Max. 3000 psi (20.684 MPa)
- Throw Cycle Time - Less than 1.5 seconds
- Operating Temperature -20°F - 130°F (-29°C - 54°C)
- Maximum Speed for Trailing - 20 mph
- Dimensions - Length - 47"; Width - 35"; Height - 26"
- Weight - 500 lbs