The most relevant figures developed as follows (as compared to the 1st six months of the financial year 2005/06):
- Revenue increased by 7.8% from EUR 3,262.4 million to EUR 3,515.7 million.
- EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization) rose by 14.4% from EUR 549.7 million to EUR 628.7 million. The EBITDA margin was 17.9% compared to 16.8% in the previous year.
- EBIT (profit from operations) reached EUR 455.4 million, corresponding to an increase by 22.6% (EUR 371.5 million). Thus, the EBIT margin improved from 11.4% to 13.0%.
- EBT (profit before tax) came to EUR 436.1 million and was therefore 25.4% higher than in the previous year (EUR 347.9 million).
- The result after taxes (profit for the period) also rose substantially; at EUR 328.8 million, it was 26.3% higher than that of last year (EUR 260.4 million).
- The earnings per share for the first half of 2006/07 were EUR 2.05, thus increasing by 26.5% as compared with the second half of the previous financial year (EUR 1.62).
- The equity of the voestalpine Group as of 30 September 2006 amounted to EUR 2,751.7 million and thus increased by 18.3% compared with the same effective date of the previous year (EUR 2,326.0 million). As, at the same time, the net financial debt was reduced by 45.1% from EUR 610.8 million to EUR 335.6 million, the gearing ratio (net financial debt as percent of equity) dropped significantly from 26.3% to 12.2%.
- As of 30 September 2006, the voestalpine Group had 24.103 employees (not including apprentices). Compared to the previous year (23.548) this corresponds to a growth of 2.4%.