Filler metal specialist voestalpine Böhler Welding, a company of international technology Group voestalpine, will present itself at Schweißen und Schneiden 2017 with the key message “Global Applications Unlimited”, to underline its orientation on customer applications worldwide and the high level of technical support it is capable to render.
On an impressive stand area of 1.200 m2, it will highlight many product innovations and their applications by means of live demonstrations, technical conferences and multi-media presentations. The stand will feature areas dedicated to the well-known brands Böhler Welding, UTP Maintenance and Fontargen Brazing. Existing and potential distributors are invited to a special showroom created to present voestalpine Böhler Welding’s distributor concept,partner performance program, product portfolio and available support in terms of point-of-sales displays.
Böhler Welding focuses on the joining of metals by means of arc welding processes. Innovations and highlights in this field presented during the fair are:
- Laser-sealed metal-cored wires with ultra-low weld metal hydrogen content for the robotic and mechanized welding of (ultra) high strength steel.
- A focus on stainless steel welding for austenitic and duplex grades.
- A new generation finishing chemicals for the cleaning, pickling and passivation of stainless steel and nickel-base alloys.
UTP Maintenance is specialized in tailor-made repair, anti-wear and cladding solutions. Innovations and highlights in this area are:
- New, cost-efficient weld overlay solutions for the repair of worn continuous casting rollers in steel production. A new catalogue covering the extensive range of UTP repair and maintenance solutions for steel mills will be available.
- SMAW / MMA solutions for the hard facing of components subjected to complex wear mechanisms, for the joining and surfacing of cast iron and for the repair of tool steel.
- New, cost-efficient solutions for the single layer electro slag strip cladding of Alloy 625 with reduced clad-layer thickness and/or increased travel speed.
Fontargen Brazing is the leading brand for soldering and brazing consumables. One of the highlights presented during the fair is:
- The automated flame brazing of aluminium components.
Ongoing during Schweißen und Schneiden, voestalpine Böhler Welding specialists will present a great variety of actual topics in a technical conference held directly on the booth. The lectures will be held in German and English. For a complete overview of the topics and registration go to
http://www.voestalpine.com/welding/Company/Events/Schweissen-Schneiden-2017. Registration in advance is required.
voestalpine Böhler Welding
Schweißen und Schneiden 2017
Messe Düsseldorf, Germany