Find here detailed information about the diamondspark benefits.More information
Find here all products of diamondspark seamless cored wires.More information
Find here useful information about the packaging of seamless cored wires.More information
Find here detailed information about the diamondspark success stories.More information
Find here information about parameters and fabrication of seamless cored wires.More information
Franz Wirnsperger (Head of Welding Technology and Analyses PALFINGER AG):
“With the new laser-sealed cored wires from the diamondspark series, Böhler Welding is setting new milestones in welding consumables and support herewith PALFINGER with the continuous development to ensure the global quality benchmark in lifting solutions.”
Dipl.-HTL Ing. Horst Jöbstl (Managing Director Schwing GmbH):
“With the new laser-sealed cored wires of the diamondspark series, we have the ideal filler material at our disposal to satisfy future welding requirements of high performance concrete pumps. Böhler Welding underlines its leading position in this area as supplier of innovative products developed in co-operation with customers.”
diamondspark products covers a full range of seamless cored wires from two different fabrication technologies tailored to match the needs of demanding applications.
Details of diamondspark products for low alloyed steel
Details of diamondspark products for weather resistant steel
Details of diamondspark products for low-temperature steel
Details of diamondspark products for high strength steel
Details of diamondspark products for pipe steel
Details of diamondspark products for creep resistant steel
Use of the drum avoids 15 spool changes of roughly 10 minutes, compared with wire spools. The result is 150 more minutes of net arc time and a correspondingly higher duty cycle and production output. Use of the drums will thereby immediately lower welding costs and increase a company’s profit.
The implementation of our drum systems – with high quality welding wires and dedicated accessories – will streamline the entire cored wire welding operation and further lower welding costs. A range of accessories for efficient internal transport and installation of the drums is available, including a choice of four different “click and go” liner types to connect the drums with the wire feed unit.
Find more information in the Brochure:
BÖHLER alform 700 L-MC
In the development of the seamless cored wires, Böhler Welding closely liaised with its mother company voestalpine who produces advanced high strength steel grades. Together they share a long lasting technological partnership with a globally leading fabricator of truck-mounted loader cranes, marine cranes, wind cranes and container handling systems. This innovative multi-national company - whose metal forming and welding operations are extremely efficient and performed with advanced technologies - tested BÖHLER alform 700 L-MC. This eventually went as far as an interruption of regular robotic production welding to replace solid wire to verify the potential of the metal-cored wire.
The result was a 15% lower net welding time for a critical crane component enabling the production of 8 instead of 6 pieces in an eight hour shift. This was due to the higher applicable travel speed in producing undercut-free fillet welds.
In addition the company reported the following improvements in robotic welding:
- Easy finding of parameters for spatter-free welding
- Very good arc starting and a stable intense arc
- Easy welding over tack welds with less disturbance
- Very good positioning of the weld bead
- Undercut-free fillet welds with good wetting onto plate edges
- Better penetration due to a higher welding current
- Very low amount of silicate islands
The diamondspark parameter charts can help to unfold the product advantages to the fullest with the perfect welding parameters. Thereby, get a clear overview on wire feed speed, arc voltage, welding current, arc mode, polarity, stickout length and shielding gas.
Find more information in the Parameter Charts:
Seamless cored wires can be fabricated in two different ways:
- Tubular seamless cored wires are produced by vibration filling of a dry powder mix into a resistance welded tube and drawing it to its final diameter. Since the tubes have a slightly thicker wall than folded strip, less room is available for minerals and alloying elements. The melt-off rate of the slightly thicker tube wall is a little lower as a result of the lower resistance heating in the current conducting tube and therefore the weld deposit rate is lower. The overriding advantage, however, is that there is no seam running along the wire length, and therefore the seamless cored wire is absolutely air and moisture tight. Weld metal hydrogen is very low; guaranteed in EN class H5 and AWS class H4. There is furthermore no problem to feed the seamless cored wire through a copper bath to copper-coat the wire in order to optimize wire feeding properties, current transfer and contact tip wear. Find more information in our Video here.
- Laser-sealed seamless cored wires by Böhler Welding are truly state-of-the-art. For the first time on an industrial scale, laser technology is utilized to hermetically seal a folded cored wire before drawing it to its final diameter. Thus combining the advantages of both the folded and seamless cored wire fabrication technologies into a single product. The laser-sealing technology allows strips to be used with a thickness in between those of folded and seamless tubular types and the resulting wire features a medium/high filling volume. Laser-sealed cored wires are absolutely air and moisture tight and are copper-coated. Vacuum annealing is applied as an extra step in fabrication to ensure ultra-low-hydrogen weld metal, at the typical level of solid wire (~1ml H2/100g deposited weld metal). Find more information in our Video here.