JOIN! the evolution. Successful Launch of Böhler Welding Machines at Hamm Open House
Last week the largest occasion in voestalpine Böhler Welding history took place in Hamm, Germany. Highlights from this 3-day long event included the opening of the new Application Technology Center and a corresponding technical conference with live demonstrations in the welding of stick electrodes as well as stainless and seamless cored wires. Also integral to the excitement was a final face-off and announcement of winners in “The Best of the Best” stick electrodes welders competition. Champions of the highly coveted “Solvator”, an award for the best application solutions, were also announced in a separate award ceremony. But, the absolute highlight of this momentous occasion was the launch of the equipment lines “Terra” & “Uranos” by Böhler Welding, the leading brand for joint welding of voestalpine Böhler Welding.
Terra & Uranos. The new reference in welding machines.
As part of an emotional launch show, the new equipment lines were presented to nearly 800 guests. With the equipment lines Terra & Uranos, Böhler Welding sets new level of excellence in all standard and special welding processes. The unparalleled combination of welding consumable and power source allows customers to perform BEST in CLASS welds that they can be proud of. That’s what Böhler Welding stands for – with a 5-year guarantee on all Terra & Uranos welding equipment.
For detailed information on the equipment portfolio visit: Equipment.
Celebration of true welding artists during “The Best of the Best” award ceremony.
Stemming from a social media based contest for ambitious stick electrode welders, Böhler Welding brought these real artists of their profession to center stage. During the submission phase, welders from all over the world were invited to upload videos showing their expertise in welding a gusset plate or tube joint. From nearly 40 completed submissions, 5 experts finally received the title “Best of the Best” in a highly anticipated award ceremony.
Overview of the winners “The Best of the Best. Best Welders. Best Electrodes.”
- Gold: Matija Valentić, Croatia
- Silver: Dominik Runge, Germany
- Bronze: Lucas Case, Canada
In addition, the jury decided to award additional prizes in 2 special categories: the “Welding Rookie” promoting young talents and the “best employee video”. Fabian Galee, a young professional from Austria took the Welding Rookie prize with him and the award for the best employee video went to Prafull Kaldhone from India.
Solvator 2019. JOIN! Global Applications Unlimited.
With the outstanding expertise of voestalpine Böhler Welding’s application engineers, the company sets well recognized high standards throughout the industry. The Solvator award, a special award for remarkable application solutions, honors those who develop outstanding application solutions together with and for their customers. The 2019 winners were selected by a jury of internal and external experts from 2 technical universities in 3 categories below.
In the category “best technical solution”:
- Bronze: Joe Zawodny, USA, “NASA Liquid Hydrogen Pressure Vessel” for Didion’s Mechanical
- Bronze: Michael Staber, Austria, „Plasma Hybrid Welding Solution“ for Teleskop Poland
- Silver: Sandeep Mittal, India, „Rectification of Cracks in Penstock in NEEPCO KAMENG HEP project” for Aquagreen Engineering Management
- Gold: Alexandre Otsuka, Brazil, “BÖHLER Ti 52 SR FD-B” for Voith Hydro
In the category "most efficient solution":
- Bronze: Michael Fiedler, Austria, “Penstock Gouvaes” for Andritz Hydro GmbH
- Silver: David Lecointre, France, “625 Flux-Cored Wire for Pipeline Welding in 5G Position with Automatic Bug System” for SERIMAX
- Gold: Marcelo Facundo Severo, Brazil, “The Best Procedure for Repairing of Hammers in the Sugar Industry” for Using Sao Luiz S/A
In the category "most environmentally friendly solution":
- Gold: Frederic Gley, Germany, “Boric Acid Free Coated Rods” for Liebherr
A special award was given to Steven Qu, China who supported Voith Hydro Power Equipment with his solution for Penstock Welding for Wudongde Hydro Power Station.