- Lightweight and elegant structural solution with high load-bearing capacity
- 60% weight savings compared to traditional purlins made of hot-rolled sections
- 30% cost savings compared to traditional purlins made of hot-rolled sections
- Spanning up to 15.0 metres
- Design software for stress analysis calculations and development of production documentation
- Technical support
- Easy and fast installation
- The sections are packed and delivered to the construction site as required by customers.
- All sections are individually marked according to customer requirements.
PORTFOLIO OF SECTIONS
The portfolio includes 64 different sizes of Z sections from the standard series. The sections are complemented by a wide range of accessories such as struts, tie rods, connecting angle pieces, cleats etc.
All sections are made of S450GD steel with basic surface protection consisting of hot-dip galvanising with a weight of Z350. If a higher weight of zinc coating is required, we can provide Z600, Z800 or Z1000. Requests for higher zinc coating weights, however, need to be agreed in advance with our sales or technical officers.
BUTT STRUCTURAL PURLIN SYSTEMS – simple beams for spans up to 12 m. SLEEVED – continuous beams over at least 2 bays. The beam continuity is achieved by couplings. This system can be used for spans up to 13.0 m, its optimal span is 5.0 – 7.0 m. HEB – continuous beams over at least 5 bays. The beam continuity is achieved by couplings. This system can be used for spans up to 13.0 m, its optimal span is 7.0 – 10.0 m. METLAP - continuous beams over at least 4 fields. The beam continuity is achieved by overlaps. This system can be used for spans up to 14.5 m, its optimal span is 10.0 – 12.0 m. It is also recommended for heavily loaded roofs.
- The stress analysis and design calculation can be performed using our Profilform Designer software, which has been developed in cooperation with renowned IDEA StatiCa.
- Stress analyses are carried out in accordance with the following standards:
- EN 1990: Basis of Structural Design
- EN 1991-1-1: Actions on Structures – Part 1-1: General actions
- EN 1991-1-3: Actions on Structures – Part 1-3: General actions – Snow loads
- EN 1991-1-4: Actions on Structures – Part 1-4: General actions – Wind actions
- EN 1993-1-1: Design of Steel Structures – Part 1-1: General rules and rules for building projects
- EN 1993-1-3: Design of Steel Structures – Part 1-3: General rules - Supplementary rules for cold-formed members and sheeting
- EN 1993-1-5: Design of Steel Structures – Part 1-5: Plated structural elements
- The design is carried out in accordance with the national annexes or other standards used in different countries, which are included in Profilform Designer. The software has currently national attachments for the Czech Republic, Poland, the Slovak Republic, Brazil and Argentina.
Benefits of designing by means of Profilform Designer
- Easy and user-friendly software environment
- Design optimisation
- Wind action generator
- Assessment of the combination of bending moment and axial force
Profilform Designer is available for free to our customers and partner design companies. To obtain the installation file, contact our sales representatives or send us an e-mail.
- Designing of production documentation is aided by TEKLA STRUCTURES and ADVANCED STEEL software packages.
- Our proprietary ProfilCAM software and a library of details in dwg format are available for users who do not use the above programmes.
To obtain the ProfilCAM installation kit, please contact our sales representatives