Our coating innovation
With its development of the innovative backlack-v® coating voestalpine has made it possible for customers for the first time to efficiently bond electrical steel packages for applications in generators and industrial engines while improving product quality at the same time.
The excellent processing properties of the full-surface adhesive-bonded electrical steel packages lead to a substantial increase in production process efficiency. Optimum matching of the base material with the coating makes it possible to significantly reduce processing temperatures and times across the entire range of isovac® grades. As a water-based varnish system, backlack – v ® is also extremely environmentally compatible. Improved coil stability guarantees optimized handling and increased safety.
Improved adhesive behavior, especially in the long term
- Higher typical adhesive strength
- Improved sustained temperature and hydrothermal resistance of the adhesive-bonded stack
Processing advantages in stack manufacturing
- Reduced enameling time and diminished pressure
- Shortened cooling time
Improved performance characteristics
- Improved thermal conductivity through optimized adjustment of lacquer fillers
- Improved magnetic properties based on nearly complete protection against short circuits between laminations
Improved material quality
- Consistent quality of supply
- Prolonged service life based on decelerated ageing
Advantage of thermal conductivity
* Filling the areas between the laminations with bonding varnish not only increases thermal conductivity of the stack. The stacking factor is also reduced considerably less than would be expected from the higher layer thickness of the bonding varnish.
What does chocolate cake have to do with highly efficient electric motors?
Electric motors need an iron core, and highly efficient electric motors need an iron core made of individually stacked laminations made of electrical steel. But how are these individual laminations optimally bonded with a perfect fit? In a mouth- watering video, Professor Metin Tolan lifts the secret of how this works with Backlack on isovac® electrical steel. We invite you to learn more.
Backlack - the joining technology for perfect lamination stacks!
The stator and rotor cores of electrical machinery are manufactured using thin laminations stacked together by our customers in order to minimize eddy current losses. There are several ways to join these laminations, and the most efficient way is to use Backlack.