International and technical: that’s the High Mobility Pool 2018! A total of six participants from five different countries recently started on the international development program.
The High Mobility Pool offers young professionals with several years’ work experience the unique opportunity to draw on their abilities and experience in order to contribute to international projects. Over a total of two years they gain valuable experience working in different voestalpine companies around the world, while getting to know the voestalpine Group as a whole better.
Focus on university graduates with professional experience
The development program is designed for university graduates who already have several years of professional experience. The current High Mobility Pool team is predominantly composed of technical graduates, for the first time. The new generation was recruited and subsequently selected in close cooperation with, and supported by, local companies and their executives in North America, China, and Europe. The participants are already involved in their first projects which generally run over a period of between four and six months.
"The High Mobility Pool is a win-win situation for all involved: over the two years the program participants become better acquainted with the voestalpine Group, develop their own abilities, and gain valuable experience in their chosen profession. In turn, the international companies profit firstly from external expertise as well as additional manpower for the duration of the project. As a result, the experiences gained and synergies generated can be shared and jointly utilized by both sides."
Between the individual project assignments the program participants meet up regularly at their so-called Reunion Meetings where they reflect on their activities to date and share their experiences. Special training and professional development courses are also held, in addition to the lively exchanges and networking.
High Mobility Pool 2018: The participants
Anna Rodriguez Chavez
- from Austria
- Master: Materials Science (Montanuniversität Leoben)
- MBA Business Law (LIMAK, Austrian Business School)
- from Canada
- Bachelor: Mining Engineering (Queen’s University, Kingston)
- Master: Business Administration (Queen’s University, Kingston)
- from Turkey
- Bachelor: Metallurgical & Materials Engineering (Yildiz Technical University, Istanbul)
- from China
- Bachelor: International Business and Trade (Shanghai University)
- International MBA (Shanghai Jiao Tong)
- from India
- Bachelor: Mechanical Engineering (University of Pune, India)
- Master: Innovation and Product Management (University of Applied Science, Upper Austria, Wels)
- from Austria
- Master: Metallurgy (Montanuniversität Leoben)