voestalpine products can be found in almost all premium cars, from body parts to the drive and safety components. voestalpine has the right technologies and innovations for the trends of the future in the e-mobility and lightweight construction sectors.
Customized products and innovations from voestalpine accompany the most demanding customers in the premium segment around the world. voestalpine supports these customers with unique material concepts for state-of-the-art lightweight construction, with safety components, and with innovations in the field of e-mobility. The automotive sector generates two thirds of the revenue within the mobility industry; it accounted for 34 percent of company revenue in the business year 2016/17.
voestalpine products in almost all automotive components
All four voestalpine divisions serve the automotive sector. Products range from wires used as pre-materials for ball bearings or for valve springs to welding consumables as well as structure and exterior body parts. As a result, voestalpine products can be found in almost all automotive components. For example in press-hardened (phs) steel components that are used for lightweight, safety-relevant, and corrosion-resistant components such as side members, A and B pillars, cross members, or tunnels in vehicles.
Growth strategy with focus on lightweight construction and e-mobility
Expanding the portfolio of high-quality automotive components contributes to the long-term strategy of voestalpine to continually expand the future-oriented mobility market. General market forecasts for the automotive sector confirm the continued focus on the automotive area, especially in the following segments:
- Lightweight construction and safety
By 2025, e-cars will have a market share of more than 50 percent. Also by 2025, the market for lightweight automotive components will increase fivefold to around EUR 100 billion (source: Berylls Strategy Advisors, 11/28/2013).
voestalpine is an important strategic partner to the premium automotive industry and works together with customers to establish processing standards in the key areas of modern automotive production. The basis for this work is the company’s high innovative power, which can be seen in developments such as
- phs-ultraform® & phs-directform® (Steel Division, Metal Forming Division):
Hot-dip galvanized steel strip for ultra-high strength body parts used in lightweight construction. voestalpine components in phs-ultraform® and phs-directform® combine the advantages of strong, lightweight parts with the proven corrosion resistance of hot-dip galvanized steel strip. voestalpine is the only manufacturer able to produce components in phs-ultraform® in both an indirect and a direct process (single process step, phs-directform®).
- phs-rollform® (Steel Division, Metal Forming Division): phs-rollform® combines the advantages of roll-forming with the advantages of hot-dip galvanized steel strip, creating an innovative lightweight solution.
- compacore® (Metal Forming Division): Compact, inline-bonded lamination stacks for more efficient and powerful electric motors. It is formed from the highest-quality electrical steel with a special backlack coating.
- isovac® & isovac® high strength (Steel Division): isovac® is non-grain-oriented electrical steel from voestalpine and offers the highest levels of energy efficiency for e-mobility. A comprehensive product portfolio enables voestalpine to offer
More about mobility: http://www.voestalpine.com/mobility