New name, new structure: The Automotive Body Parts Business Unit, part of the Metal Forming Division, has been renamed Automotive Components. This is intended to enhance its positioning in the global markets.
The aim of the new Automotive Components Business Unit with its 13 production locations worldwide is to provide customers with optimal support in their globalization process, and providing new solutions in lightweight automotive construction. The new name is accompanied by a change in structure: The three former groups of companies now make up four core segments, so-called business segments, each representing a key competence or technology. This clearly signals a move away from thinking in terms of organization to a focus on the needs of the customer.
Focus on four core competences
The core competences are bundled into the four new business segments:
- Cold Stamping & Assemblies
- Hot Forming & Assemblies
- Body Panels & Aftermarket Solutions and
- Tailored Blanks
Each business segment has its own competence center in which core functions, such as research, sales and distribution, and rollout competences, are concentrated. This guarantees the principle of one face to the customer, with expertise and implementation competence at a single site. Each subsidiary or site is now assigned to one of these four main divisional companies – each with “Automotive Components” in their name; voestalpine Automotive Components Linz GmbH (formerly voestalpine Europlatinen), or voestalpine Automotive Components Dettingen GmbH (formerly voestalpine Stamptec GmbH).
An overview of the 4 business segments
Cold Stamping & Assemblies: Cold stamping
- Structural parts and components in steel and aluminum
- Individual logistics concepts
- Surface finishes
- Forming expertise for UHSS materials up to 1,200 MPa
Competence Center: voestalpine Automotive Components Dettingen GmbH /DE
Hot Forming & Assemblies: Hot forming
- Full-service provider for hot forming of hot-dip galvanized steel strip
- Components in phs-ultraform® – the original for galvanized, indirectly press-hardened components
- Components in phs-directform®: the pioneer for galvanized, directly press-hardened components
Competence Center: voestalpine Automotive Components Schwäbisch Gmünd GmbH & Co. KG/DE
Body Panels & Aftermarket Solutions: external body panel specialist with expertise in forming, joining, and surfaces treatments
- Complete service chain: from feasibility assessments through to serial production
- Production of complex components with significance variance in joining technologies
- Replacement parts production Takeover of replacement part production on universal production lines through process reengineering and sustainable aftermarket solutions
- State-of-the-art pressing lines with pressing forces of between 400 tons and 2,800 tons
Competence Center: voestalpine Automotive Components Bunschoten B.V./NL
Tailored Blanks: Laser-welded blanks
- Laser-welded blanks in steel and aluminum
- Tailor-made solutions, steel grades and gauge combinations
- Expertise in simulation and engineering
Competence Center: voestalpine Automotive Components Linz GmbH /A
The new structure allows the Automotive Components Business Unit to act more efficiently, with greater dynamism, and with more targeted use of resources, ideally equipping it to meet tomorrow’s demands.
More information on the new website: www.voestalpine.com/automotivecomponents
New voestalpine corporate design
The voestalpine Group is marking the consistent implementation of its strategy and its changing self-image by updating its visual identity: its transformation from a European steel company to a global technology and capital goods group is now also being mirrored in its corporate design. The new visual identity combines tradition with future expectations, and increasingly symbolizes dynamism and a focus on the future.