At the 47th annual steel industry conference, the World Steel Association (worldsteel) hosted its fourth Steel Awards ceremony. The voestalpine Corporate Website has won the “Steelie“ award.
On October 9, 2013, the World Steel Association (worldsteel) worldsteel.org announced the winners of the Steel Awards (“Steelies“) in São Paulo, Brazil. The voestalpine Corporate Website won the Steelie in the category „Steel Industry website of the year”.
The Steelies winners were selected through nominations by member companies to the relevant worldsteel committees followed by a final selection by expert panels. Journalist of the Year and Communicator of the Year were selected by direct vote.
The trophies, known as Steelies, were awarded in eight categories:
1. Steel Industry Website of the Year
2. worldsteel Activity of the Year
3. Innovation of the Year
4. Excellence in Sustainability
5. Excellence in Life Cycle Assessment
6. Excellence in Education and Training
7. Journalist of the Year
8. Industry Communicator of the Year