According to the recently published Harvard Business Review ranking, voestalpine CEO Wolfgang Eder is one of the world's best 100 CEOs. This was the first year in which the survey also considered ecological, social and ethical performance.
The renowned magazine Business Harvard Review publishes an annual ranking of the world’s best CEOs. The survey included all companies listed in the S&P Global 1200 at the end of 2014. This index includes enterprises in North America, Europe, Asia, Latin America and Australia. One person at each company was identified as the CEO at the end of April 2015, so that the field finally included 907 CEOs at 896 companies. voestalpine CEO Wolfgang Eder can take pride in being the only Austrian representative and being listed in 99th place.
New evaluation criteria
This was the first year in which the magazine also took into account environmental activities and social engagement when evaluating the candidates. These new evaluation criteria account for around 20 percent of the overall assessment, the remaining 80 percent continuing to focus on key financial figures such as profit levels.
New voestalpine corporate design
The voestalpine Group is marking the consistent implementation of its strategy and its changing self-image by updating its visual identity: its transformation from a European steel company to a global technology and capital goods group is now also being mirrored in its corporate design. The new visual identity combines tradition with future expectations, and increasingly symbolizes dynamism and a focus on the future.