Welding magic was happening, see the pictures here!
Last week the most important fair in the welding industry took place in Düsseldorf, the “Schweißen & Schneiden 2017” also known as “Essen fair”. The exhibition management published first impressive figures: 1,035 exhibitors from 41 nations have presented their innovations to more than 50.000 visitors from over 120 countries.
As the leading supplier for welding solutions and innovative welding consumables we presented ourselves with an impressive booth and an ambitious program during the whole week. Our expertise in application know how was highlighted with the fair key message “JOIN Global Applications Unlimited” and underlined by 47 lectures in English & German in technical conference, 64 live demonstrations on 3 different stages and the Solvator award ceremony, the first application services award for outstanding projects.
We welcomed more than 7.000 guests during the whole week and strengthened relationships with existing customers. More than 1.100 seats have been booked in our technical conference and 350 invited guests enjoyed the Solvator award ceremony. 65 different brochures in mostly Englisch and German have been available as printed version as well as in the download area of the website and brand new the “fair app”. Also the “best for the best” merchandising collection – supporting our main emotional campaign for stick electrodes and distributed via raffle promotion has been well received by our guests.
Find below an overview about the product innovations & highlights presented during the show
- Diamondspark: Welding is going to be brilliant – regarding to this slogan Böhler Welding launched the product line name for seamless cored wires and highlighted the Diamondspark L-Line (lasersealed types) in an advanced robotic application for high strength steels. Together with the Diamondspark T-Line (tubular types) we offer the broadest range of high-quality seamless cored wires in the market. Read more about Diamondspark L-Line and T-Line here.
- weldCare: a first insight in our brand new accessoires collection “weldCare” was given during Schweißen & Schneiden and the responsibles were pleased with numerous requests and first orders. So the weldCare collection is another relevant puzzle piece in the positioning of voestalpine Böhler Welding as full solution provider in the welding market. Inform yourself about the full range of weldCare here.
- Stainless Steel: Matchless in Stainless – that’s our key message to the market! Highest expertise combined with outstanding products underline and strengthen our market position in the fields of stainless steel applications. Böhler Welding’s well recognized expertise is now underlined by the new stainless steel handbook, a must have for all who want to improve their knowledge on this specific topic.
- Wire arc additive manufacturing (WAAM): Following the core value “pioneering” a further innovative application showcased was the use of different wires types from Böhler Welding for 3D printing, a new disruptive manufacturing technology.
- Applications for steel mills: UTP Maintenance presented new cost efficient overlay solutions for worn continuous casting rolls in the steel industry. View the complete overview about our solutions for the steel industry here.
Thank you for visiting us at our booth!