The purchasing activities within the voestalpine Steel Division range from raw materials and production plants to services and maintenance materials to freight management (both inbound and outbound). We have divided purchasing into three different areas in order to achieve sustainable cost leadership:
Production plants, services and maintenance materials
We are responsible for the procurement of production plants and systems, machines, mechanical parts and components, vehicles, goods and services for the building sector, and for the purchasing of IT hardware and software, chemicals, operating materials and human resources. We are a central contact for the following areas:
- Procurement of materials, services and investment goods
- Vendor selection, invitations to tender, solicitation of quotations, evaluation of offers, negotiations, contract awarding decisions in collaboration with the respective department
- Contract management, negotiation protocols, commercial conditions, order processing, order confirmations
- Monitoring of deadlines, deadline reminders, payment control, claims and complaints
- Procurement marketing, procurement market research
We procure and manage the logistics of raw materials such as iron ore, coal, energy and refractory materials, alloys and scrap. We are responsible for the secure and economical site supply of high-quality raw materials. Please find further information on voestalpine Rohstoffbeschaffung GmbH at www.voestalpine.com/rohstoffbeschaffung.
We are a modern purchasing department responsible for cost-optimized, high-quality and on-time logistics services for outbound and inbound deliveries (excluding raw materials). We guarantee our performance through transparent and uniform procurement processes that are applicable throughout the entire Division. Our purchasing services form the basis for operative implementation of daily logistics and transport requests.
We are responsible for the procurement of the following logistics services:
- Truck transports (including intermodal traffic)
- Inland and ocean ships (conventional and container)
- Handling and stocking (including consignment warehouses)
- Air freight
- Courier, express and package deliveries
- Special transportation (extra wide, extra long, heavy-weight transports)
- Miscellaneous logistics services (packaging, surveying, etc.)
Please find further information on Logistik Service GmbH at www.logserv.at.