We offer alform® steels as hot-rolled steel strip (in coils, slit strip or cut sheets) or heavy plate. A variety of production routes lead to specific product advantages. alform® steels find their applications wherever high plasticity coupled with high strength and light-weight design are in demand.
High-strength and ultra-high-strength alform® steels are thermo-mechanically rolled with accelerated cooling.
- Excellent cold formability
- Edging radii smaller than those of standard steels of comparable strength
- Excellent weldability
- Amount of pre-heating either reduced or completely eliminated
- Clean surface resulting from fine and homogeneous secondary scale
Broad spectrum of steel grades and dimensions
High-strength and ultra-high-strength alform® steels provide the following advantages:
- Higher lifting and load capacity
- Optimized workability
- Higher wear resistance
- Reduced costs
- Improved environmental compatibility
More detailed information on alform® steels as hot-rolled steel strip
More detailed information on alform® steels as heavy plate