voestalpine Sadef produces steel profiles on some 35 roll forming lines. We supply your custom made open profile or special tube light weight, assembly friendly and powder coated if required. The company is based in Belgium, in the heart of Europe.
- Creation of "Societe Anonyme D'Etirage à Froid", abbreviated as Sadef.
1970 - 1980
- Start-up of roll-forming line for the production of pierced profiles.
- Start-up of slitting line.
- Start of roll seam welding.
- Installation of a complete powder-coating line with a capacity of up to 12 m.
- Production of side members for trucks on a just-in-time basis. Start-up of CAD/CAM.
- Creation of the side member department.
- First HF welding line is put into service.
1990 - 2000
- Takeover by voestalpine.
- First delivery of profiles for cabs.
2000 - 2010
- First production for the automotive industry.
- First 3D laser is started up.
- First rolling line with 54 rolls for the production of pierced tube profiles.
- Welding of first stainless steel profiles. Second laser is started up.
- CKD components are integrated into the truss frame of an electric car.
- First house completely erected in Sadef profiles.
- Introduction of E-coating.
- Laser welding is integrated into the roll-forming process.
- voestalpine Krems and Sadef take over RFC (U.S.).
- CKD components are used for the production of safety cabs.
- Roll-forming with 66 positions is taken into service.
- First delivery of frames (CKD components) for the car industry.
- 10 mm HSLA profiles for trucks.
- Fully automated warehouse for tools.
- New roll-forming line for HD side members.
- Flexible roll-forming line for building profiles in high-strength steel up to 5 mm
2010 - ...
- Revamped house style with new logo, new company colour, main building cladding, and brochures.
- Celebration of 65 years of Sadef in the presence of customers and all employees.
- Installation of new laser with higher speed and larger range, capacity expansion.