The body and toe of the frog is a bolted assembly comprising of the manganese “core”, sandwiched between two wing rails. The heel of the casting is welded to the running rail, as opposed to the RBM, which has a bolted joint between the casting and rail. This gives a continuous transition across the heel of the frog which results in less impact, smoother rides, and longer life.
• Tough manganese steel core
• Welded “No Impact” heel design
• Reinforced heel
• Meets or exceeds all AREMA specs
• Explosion hardened to exceed 352 BHN (if specified)
• Welded Heel configuration
• Several rail weights and frog angles (contact us for more details)