Environmental & Sustainability Policy
Metsec shall conduct its business in an efficient and financially sustainable way ensuring that there is the lowest environmental impact, by doing this Metsec will best serve the interests of customers, stakeholders, suppliers and the communities in which it is present. Metsec’s aims are to:
- Minimise consumption of electricity per kilo of section produced
- Minimise consumption of gas for heating
- Minimise consumption of water
- Minimise consumption of paper
- Minimise consumption of natural resources and waste from manufactured products.
- Metsec will work to optimise the impact of its activities on the eco-efficiency of steel products through their life cycle. This will be achieved by promoting recycling and reuse of goods and materials supplied and used by and within Metsec.
- Metsec will operate in a healthy, safe and environmentally sound manner promoting sustainability to both customers and suppliers and sharing knowledge on sustainability within the supply chain.
- Engage with the local community and schools to offer structured work placements leading on to an award winning accredited apprentice scheme.
- Constantly review of product lines to reduce their impact and reduce the use of natural resource.