voestalpine High Performance Metals Pacific Pte Ltd (voestalpine HPM Pacific) is committed to the highest environmental standards. We strive to run our operations such that we minimise environmental affliction and provide a safe environment for our employees.
In line with that, our products are manufactured to the highest quality, providing a long service life and made from recycled raw material to keep pollution in close check.
Compliance to international standards is a matter-of-course for us and we monitor that these demands are withheld. By preventive actions and ongoing improvements, we will continue to preserve the quality of our products, as well as the environment we live and work in.
Our primary concern is environmental emissions and management of our production waste, as well as energy consumption. We aim to minimise environmental impact by working with improvement objectives within these areas.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Managers and staff on all levels of the voestalpine HPM Pacific organisation are encouraged to integrate social values throughout all business decision-making processes to achieve positive and sustainable outcomes for all stakeholders in voestalpine HPM Pacific.
A key concept in voestalpine HPM Pacific’s corporate social responsibility is the CSR bottomline towards the 3Ps of Profit (Economic), People (Community) and Planet (Environment).
voestalpine HPM Pacific’s CSR is mainly expressed in practices related to:
- Recycling waste and conservation, in the processing of steel, as well as in the office where energy-efficient appliances are used.
- Providing an environment, with work improvements, health and safety awareness.
- Offering educational and skills upgrading to employees.
- Enhancing fair employment practices in the workplace. voestalpine HPM Pacific supports dialogue and consultation with employees as valued stakeholders, to encourage shared value creation, innovation and social partnership in the workplace.
- voestalpine HPM Pacific takes a proactive approach on non-discriminatory practices related to race, gender, language, religion or non-relevant disabilities. It is also voestalpine HPM Pacific’s policy not to hire from within families of managerial staff in the same voestalpine HPM Pacific company. Nepotism and favouritism are discriminatory practices against voestalpine HPM Pacific’s policies of meritocracy and equal opportunities for all.
- voestalpine HPM Pacific takes a positive, generous and long-term view to supporting university programmes, related to the manufacturing industry, organisations doing material research, relief organisations and the community at large where voestalpine HPM Pacific operates.