The voestalpine Group currently holds a majority share of 83.5% in voestalpine Rohstoffhandel GmbH, which operates five scrap yards in Austria and two in the Czech Republic either directly or via wholly-owned subsidiaries. The remaining 16.5% of shares are held by BÖHLER Edelstahl GmbH, Kapfenberg and Stahl- und Walzwerk Marienhütte Gesellschaft m.b.H., Graz.
Yesterday, Tuesday, voestalpine AG made an agreement with Scholz AG, a steel and metal scrap recycling company with its headquarters in Essingen, Germany, to merge the scrap trading activities of both companies in Austria and also in part in the Czech Republic. Scholz AG will hold 60% and the voestalpine Group 33.4% of the shares in the new joint venture company. The remaining shares will be allocated to voestalpine Rohstoffhandel GmbH’s two previous shareholders, BÖHLER Edelstahl GmbH and Stahl- und Walzwerk Marienhütte Gesellschaft m.b.H.
The agreement is made subject to antitrust approval.