During the business year 2016/17 the voestalpine Group generated revenue of EUR 1.3 billion in the NAFTA region (USA, Canada, and Mexico), representing 11% of total Group revenue. The Group is strongly represented in the railway, automotive and energy industries.
Over the coming years the voestalpine Group will continue to expand its already strong presence in the growing US market as part of its comprehensive strategy of globalization.
Product highlights in the NAFTA region
- High-strength, seamless OCTG for oil and gas extraction
- Turnout systems for suburban traffic and rail cargo
- Ultra high-strength and lightweight body parts for the automotive industry
- Forged parts, e.g. for aircraft engines and fuselages
- Production of hot briquetted iron (HBI)