I. The Linz Site in the National Socialist Period
- Files and documents: Personnel files, annual reports, financial statements, Group participations and diverse files concerned with asset research, real estate purchases, expropriations, evacuees, restorations, etc.
- Circular letters and memorandums (also microfilmed).
- Materials from external archives in Austria and other countries: Files, circular letters and memorandums, circular decrees, statistics, reports, minutes, correspondence, cost reports, status reports, administrative monitoring, employment of labor, air strikes, medicine, etc. Microfilms.
- Witnesses to history (correspondence and interviews).
II. From VÖEST to voestalpine
- Files and documents: Personnel files 1945-1947; iron and steel production; documents on various operational activities, projects and studies; visits; events; press releases; sales programs; brochures; manuals; market research; research & development; environmental protection; organization; ÖIAG; diverse Group companies; going public, etc.
- Circular letters and memorandums 1945-1997, also microfilmed up to 1973.
- Annual reports (Group and ÖIAG/AI).
- Newspapers and magazines: Company newspaper / employee magazine from 1947 on; VÖEST-Information, respectively, Info 1974-1983; VOEST-SPORT from the end of 1980 to the middle of 1986; newspaper articles 1945-1961, 1965-1979 and 1982-1987.
- Photographs focusing on the years from 1985 on; videos and DVDs from 1991 on.
- Directories – To the degree that these have already been prepared for specific holdings of the Documentation Center.
Access to the holdings of the Documentation Center is possible by appointment for university students, scholars and journalists, subject to embargo periods.
In principle, it is not possible to borrow archival materials or books.
The embargo on access to files extends for 30 years; in the case of materials related to specific people, provisions regarding the rights of individuals and data protection apply.
Special permission can be requested for scholarly purposes or in the case of a legitimate interest that can be verified.