voestalpine BÖHLER Aerospace
Content_Stage-Teaser_Geschichte

History

 

1446 First hammer mill in Kapfenberg
1870 Foundation of the company Gebrüder Böhler & Co in Vienna
1886-1890 Agencies in Tokyo, Shanghai and the USA
 1894 Acquisition of the steel mill in Kapfenberg
 1938 Construction of a new mill in Kapfenberg Deuchendorf
1975 The companies Böhler, Schöller-Bleckmann and Steirische Gussstahlwerke AG merge to become the corporate group Vereinigte Edelstahlwerke AG (VEW)
1981 The largest screw press at that time, with a force of 31,500 tons, is put into operation.
1988 Reestablishment of the Böhler company by demerging VEW into Böhler GmbH and die Schöller-Bleckmann GmbH
1990 voestalpine Stahl AG purchases the Swedish company Uddeholm AB
1991 Reestablishment of the Austrian Böhler Group within the Böhler-Uddeholm AG; foundation of BÖHLER Schmiedetechnik GmbH
1995 Part-privatization of Böhler-Uddeholm AG
2007 Takeover of Böhler Uddeholm AG by voestalpine AG
2007 Startup of the world’s largest screw press with a force of 35,500 tons
2017 Change of name to voestalpine BÖHLER Aerospace GmbH & Co KG